Sunday, August 7, 2011

i will love... the loves of my life




me: oo you have a favorite cousins list! what is it?

nelia: can’t tell you. i’m too shy.

me: why? am i at the end of the list?!

nelia: hehe. noo… you’re not in it!

very funny. well even though i may not have made it on Noelia’s list, she’s on mine! behold… these are four of my favorite people in the world. talented, gorgeous, BOSSY little creatures that make my life worth living. not sure how close you all are with your family, but us Romeros are glued at the hip. i can’t go a week, let alone a few hours without running into them… but that’s all about to change.

i know. just across the bridge. just around the riverbend. i get it… i’ll be home often. but i won’t be home. i’m the first ever of my family to leave and live on campus and it scares the beegeebees out of me. i’m the big sister. and i’m gonna miss the heck out of these children. who else would obsess over little mermaid with me? who else would give us all pennies in our giftbags for christmas? who else would give me so much attitude? i don’t know what i’d do without them.

i’m just scared i’m going to miss things. cakes and presents, kinderconcerts and recitals, inside jokes and Lita stories. these are my babies. my love-its. my monkeybutts. they’ve taught me more than they’ll ever know. supposedly, i’m the oldest. i’m the rolemodel. i’m the Mere/Me/Ama/Amale that they look up to. but they have taught me the importance of laughter even when others are serious, fun even when it’s past bedtime, love even when mistakes have been made, and food even when it means getting a stomachache.

some kids give me the advice not to visit home often. “sever the ties” and whatnot. but i’m afraid i won’t. my love-its need me, and if they don’t, then i know i need them.

“amare, when you go to college i’m gonna miss you a lot. a lot a lot like all the way how tall i am!” i’m gonna miss you more. i will love you forever. i’ll like you for always. as long as i’m living my babies you’ll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment